1. Encourage positive sportsmanship by your players and parents by being a positive example. Remember
that this game is for the kids to enjoy, don’t let anyone ruin that for them.
2. You will be held accountable for player’s and your parent’s behavior as well as your own. Help your team’s players and parents regain control if they get inappropriately carried away
with their emotions.
3. Be supportive and accept wins and losses. Give positive feedback to players.
4. Interact positively with coaches and players of opposing team or do not interact with them at all.
5. Do not openly or directly criticize the referee before, during or after games.
6. Any formal complaint shall only be done in writing by you to the Director of Officials. Recognize that many of the referees are young and are learning to referee. Support their learning efforts as you do youth players because without them there is no game.
7. If a coach is issued a red card, he/she is ejected from the complex at that very moment,
which includes the parking lot, for the remainder of that game. Further suspension will be determined by the WRSA Staff.
8. Any coach who receives a red card suspension cannot return to the Stryker Sports Complex, Stryker
parking lot or any property thereof, for ANY reason until the suspension is served. This suspension includes any other teams you may coach in the WRSA league as a whole.
9. Any coach who touches, bumps, physically contacts or verbally abuses a game official or WRSA Staff
member shall be guilty of violent conduct and immediately suspended from the Stryker Sports Complex
for a minimum of one year and potentially suspended permanently.
10. Multiple Red Cards by any one coach in multiple seasons will be reviewed specifically by WRSA staff. Your offense and prior history will impact the length of your suspension.
11. If the referee terminates a game due to conduct of a coach, player or spectator all disciplinary action will
be decided by the WRSA Staff. If any coach/parent/spectator involved with a particular team gives the referee cause to terminate a game, the victory will be awarded to the opposing team.