2020 - 2021 SEASON TRYOUTS
Search for Tryouts
Parents, looking for a soccer team?
Use the above search to find a team in your birth year. While players may play up, players are not allowed to play down. Teams in U9 and older age divisions may hold tryouts in accordance with KSYSA rule 3.13.
Parents/Players: Check the tryout listing before you head out the door. Listings may change since the initial posting. If you have questions on a specific tryout, contact the team/club directly to the phone number listed.
Players, U8 and younger, are considered recreational and are not subject to tryouts. Teams or clubs may list their contact information on our Teams Looking for Players Listing. The U5-U8 team listing can be found on the PARENTS page of this website.
Teams and/or Clubs: Submission deadline for team tryouts was extended to May 27th. Entries received after May 27th will be updated daily. A $25 fee will be assessed per team entry and must be paid before the team entry will be posted. Due to the changing situation, late fees are waived by WRSA for the 2020-2021 tryout season. All changes to entries must be submitted with a new tryout form. The original form will be deleted.
When are Tryouts Held?
Please review the following information for Tryouts based on significant changes from prior years. KSYSA and USYSA made decisions based on the COVID-19 impact resulting in the following tryout process. Click on the links to read the full KSYSA letter, Club/Team FAQ and Parent FAQ as of April 28, 2020.
The KSYSA Rules currently define “FREE AGENCY PERIOD” as the first Friday in June after the completion of the State Cup Tournament for U10 and younger players and the first Saturday in June after the completion of the State Cup Tournament for U11 and older players.
Since we are not conducting the State Cup Tournament this year, the rules will temporarily be amended for just 2020 to define “FREE AGENCY PERIOD” as follows:
THE FREE AGENT PERIOD WILL BEGIN JUNE 19th, 2020 AND WILL CLOSE JULY 3rd, 2020.
Current players within a club, staying with the same club:
- Monday, June 1, 2020: Parents/players may declare if they are returning to their current club and place a deposit security their spot in their current club without going through the tryout process.
- A club cannot take a deposit from a current club player/parent prior to June 1, 2020.
- A club CANNOT take a deposit from a player/parent outside their club OR make a promise to a new player that they have a spot in the new club or on a new team WITHOUT going through the tryout process.
Tryout registration for new players:
- Monday, June 1, 2020: Clubs/teams may open registration for tryouts. Parents/players may sign-up for tryouts if they are seeking an opportunity to look at other clubs.
- If a parent/player signs up for a tryout outside of their current club, they should not put down a deposit with their current club or team.
Free Agency defined for players:
- Free Agency period is Monday, June 1st through Friday, July 3, 2020: Players shall remain free agents until July 3, 2020, or until a formal acceptance is made to an offer from a club or team. A Player shall still have ten (10) days from the date of their acceptance in which to rescind their commitment to the club/team without penalty, financial or otherwise.