2021 - 2022 SEASON TRYOUTS
Search for Tryouts
Parents, looking for a soccer team?
Use the above search to find a team in your birth year. While players may play up in a division, players are not allowed to play down. Teams in U9 and older age divisions may hold tryouts in accordance with KSYSA rule 3.13.
Parents/Players: Check the tryout listing before you head out the door. Listings may change since the initial posting. If you have questions on a specific tryout, contact the team/club directly to the phone number listed.
Players, U8 and younger, are considered recreational and are not subject to tryouts. Teams or clubs may list their contact information on our Teams Looking for Players Listing. The U5-U8 team listing can be found on the PARENTS page of this website.
Teams and/or Clubs: A $25 fee will be assessed per team entry and must be paid before the team entry will be posted. All changes to entries must be submitted with a new tryout form. The original tryout form will be deleted. WRSA office is not responsible for changes to tryouts sent via email or by phone. Click here to submit your tryout listing.
When are Tryouts Held?
Please review the following information for Tryouts based on changes from 2020-2021. KSYSA and USYSA made decisions based on the COVID-19 impact resulting in the following tryout process and to remain competitive. Click on the links to read the full KSYSA letter, Club/Team FAQ, Parent/Player FAQ as of January 29, 2021.
The KSYSA rules were amended to define “FREE AGENCY PERIOD” as follows:
THE FREE AGENT PERIOD WILL BEGIN JUNE 8th, 2021 AND WILL CLOSE JULY 16th, 2021.
Current competitive players within a club, staying with the same club/team:
- Sunday, May 15th, 2021: Parents/players may declare if they are returning to their current club/team and place a deposit security their spot in their current club without going through the tryout process from May 15th, 2021 through June 10th, 2021.
- A club cannot take a deposit from a current club player/parent prior to May 15th, 2021.
- A club CANNOT take a deposit from a player/parent outside their club OR make a promise to a new player that they have a spot in the new club or on a new team WITHOUT going through the tryout process.
Tryout registration for new competitive players:
- Monday, February 1, 2021: Clubs/teams may advertise tryout dates and locations. Parents/players may sign-up for tryouts if they are seeking an opportunity to look at other clubs.
- If a parent/player signs up for a tryout outside of their current club, they should not put down a deposit with their current club or team.
- No club/team may open tryout registration until May 15th, 2021.
- No tryouts may be held prior to June 8th, 2021.
Free Agency defined for competitive players:
- Free Agency period is Monday, June 8th through Friday, July 16, 2021:
- Players shall remain free agents until July 16, 2021, or until a formal acceptance is made to an offer from a club or team.
- A Player shall still have ten (10) days from the date of their acceptance in which to rescind their commitment to the club/team without penalty, financial or otherwise. See KSYSA FAQ for specific situations where this may apply.