Join Our Team of Referees
We Train and Certify our Referees for all Game Play
Message Regarding Entry Level Referee Course
US Soccer has made some major changes to the learning center and how we run the instructional part of becoming a new referee.
One positive change is the course is now only one day because the new referee will do much of the learning online. (Cost of the online course is $20.00 and payable online with credit card).
Entry level referee classes were held in Wichita each year during July and in January or February. Fee is $35 per referee.
REFEREE PAY RATES PER GAME FOR WRSA:
$17.00 U5-U8 Center
$20.00 U9-U10 Center $15.00 AR
$25.00 U11-U12 Center $16.00 AR
$30.00 U13-U14 Center $21.00 AR
$36.00 U15-U16 Center $26.00 AR
$40.00 U17 – U19 Center $30.00 AR
Whether you have experience already or you are looking to be certified to be a referee, we have everything you need to ref at Stryker!
Essential Information for WRSA Referees:
- Become a certified USSF Referee
- Register with WRSA as a Referee
- Get assigned games
- Get Paid!
Become a Certified USSF Referee:
USSF Entry Level Certification (ELC) classes for new referees are offered twice a year – in January and July. See information above regarding the change in structure of the ELC classes.
Officials must turn 14 BEFORE January 1 of the following year to officiate at WRSA in the Fall. You must turn 14 on or before December 31, 2019 to officiate in Fall 2019.
Officials must turn 14 BEFORE July 1 of the same year to officiate at WRSA in the Spring. You must turn 14 on or before June 30, 2020 to officiate in Spring 2020.
All WRSA Referees must be USSF Certified in good standing. Once you are certified, you are licensed to referee in any USSF Sanctioned League or Tournament, regardless of the state.
USSF Recertification classes for existing referees are offered in November. This is a one day class (4.5 hours) and allows the referee to renew their USSF certification and receive a badge for the year.
Registration and Information: To register, go to the Kansas Referee website: www.kansasreferee.org
If you have questions, send an email to: WichitaSoccerReferee@gmail.com
Register with WRSA as a Referee: It is important that you first register with WRSA before you contact the assignor to get games. You can find all of the required forms on this Referee page. The below forms are required to be submitted to the WRSA Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, before you can be assigned for games.
- WRSA Referee Agreement
- W-9 IRS form for reporting earnings to the IRS and State of Kansas
- Direct Deposit Authorization – WRSA only makes payments electronically
- Referee Waiver
Get Assigned Games:
Mark Bernat is the WRSA Referee Assignor. In order to get games, you must first register on his website as a referee that you are interested in getting assigned games. Go to Mark’s website at http://referees.wichitasoccer.com.
- Always submit your availability as early as it is known for all future dates. You can always update your availability if something changes.
- Check the website the week before the games begin for the schedule. Schedule normally posted by Monday evening.
- Confirm your assignments via email to email@example.com. Unconfirmed games will be assigned to other referees.
- Always double check the schedule each Friday before league games.
- Fulfill your commitments. Cancelling assigned games late in the week causes scheduling issues. Multiple cancellations will result in less assignments for future weekends.
Pay dates and information: Effective August 2019, preferred method of payment is direct deposit to a checking or savings account the Friday following the weekend games. 1099’s are generated at year-end for any referee earning more than $600 in the prior calendar year. Please consult your tax adviser how to file.
Upcoming Events › Referees
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Referees. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.