In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the program, related events and activities, I the undersigned, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death.
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation.
3. I willingly agree to comply with terms and conditions for participation. If I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately.
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS Wichita Sports Forum, LLC, 2668 N Greenwich Court, Wichita, Kansas 67226 and Wichita Regional Soccer Association, a division of Wichita Sports Forum LLC, at 2999 N. Greenwich Road, Wichita, KS 67226, its officers, officials, agents, owners, directors, principals, volunteers, clients, customers, invitees, employees, independent contractors, insurers, facilities operators, land and/or premises owners, sponsors, advertisers, affiliates, and any and all other persons and entities acting in any capacity on its behalf, or any facilities user, including any employees, volunteers, coaches, trainers or other individuals associated with the Facilities User, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of the premises used to conduct the event (Releasees), from any and all claims, demands, losses, and liability arising out of or related to any INJURY, DISABILITY OR DEATH I may suffer, or loss of damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19 : The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people.
Wichita Sports Forum, Aviate, Stryker (“WSF”) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, WSF cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending WSF could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that my child(ren) and I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending WSF and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at WSF may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, WSF employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to my child(ren) or myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my child(ren) may experience or incur in connection with my child(ren)’s attendance at WSF or participation in programming / events (“Claims”). On my behalf, and on behalf of my children, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless WSF, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of WSF, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any WSF program.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
OFFICIAL THERAPY GROUP OF THE STRYKER SPORTS COMPLEX
Stay Connected to Stryker on Social Media