League & Complex Contacts:

What is the address of the complex and league (coming February 2019)?
The Wichita Regional Soccer Association (WRSA) will be a KSYSA and USYSA sanctioned league operated at the Stryker Sports Complex. The address of the complex and league will be 2999 N. Greenwich Rd, Wichita, KS 67226.

How can I contact the Stryker Sports Complex office?
You can reach the office via email at: strykeroffice@strykersportscomplex.com. We will respond to you normally in 24 hours. The office will add a phone line when the building construction is complete.

What are the hours of the Stryker Sports Complex?
Stryker hours will be 10-6:00pm M-F as well as weekends that the WRSA youth leagues are playing or an event is scheduled.

How can I contact the WRSA (Wichita Regional Soccer Association) league office?
You can reach the office via email at: wrsaoffice@strykersportscomplex.com. We will respond to your email normally within 24 hours. The office will add a phone line when the building construction is complete. During registration, call volume is higher with longer response time. Best to reach us via email as we are able to respond during free time.

What are the office hours of the WRSA league office?
Fall and Spring outdoor seasons for the months of July-Nov and Jan-May:
Tuesday – Wednesday – Thursday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
Monday – Friday Closed

Appointments may be requested outside of these hours by emailing the WSRA Office at wrsaoffice@strykersportscomplex.com. May use the drop box (location to be determined) to leave your documents or payments. Please make sure each document or check is in an envelope clearly marked with your team name.

During the off season months of June and December:
Tuesday – Wednesday – Thursday 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
Monday – Friday Closed

Office will be closed the week of Thanksgiving. Christmas Break will follow the USD 259 school break of third Friday of December through January 2nd.

Game Information

Where are the league games played?
All WRSA games will be played at the Stryker Sports Complex, located at 2999 N Greenwich Rd. in Wichita, KS.

What times are games held?
The league schedules games starting at 8:00am on Saturdays and Sundays. Games may also be scheduled on Friday evenings as needed or for teams who request on conflict forms.

How many games will we play each season?
The league will schedule each team 8 games per season.

New Player Registration

What is required to get signed up?
Players will register with their team/club. Players will be asked to complete a registration and medical release. Players new to KSYSA will be required to provide a birth certificate.

How do I register with WRSA?
Wichita Regional Soccer Association (WRSA) hosts recreational and competitive soccer leagues throughout the year. Teams register with our league through the online registration process on or before the deadlines set for each season. Individual players register with teams/clubs through the team/club registration process.

How do parents get their child on a team?
WRSA always has coaches and teams looking for players. Parents may contact the league office for team information. The WSRA divides players into recreational and competitive teams by age: U5 to U8 players are recreational and U9 to U19 competitive. Click here for the Birth Year matrix.

If the player is in the U5-U8 age groups, they are entered into a WSRA waiting list. The WSRA office then works with coaches to place the player on a team. While we work hard to place every child, we cannot guarantee placement.

If the player is in the U9 through U19 age range, tryouts are held for the teams. This is often attending a practice for a coach to see your child’s skills. See FAQ Tryouts for more specifics.

Are parents required to have the child’s birth certificate?
Proof of birth is required as a sanctioned league to be seen by the WRSA League office when a player registers for the first time. Proof of birth can be a birth certificate, passport or driver’s license. The identification is required to be issued from a federal or state government. Immunization records, hospital birth letters or baptismal certificates do not qualify.

Where can parents go to obtain a birth certificate in Kansas?
Follow this link to request a birth certificate from the State of Kansas: http://www.kdheks.gov/vital/birth_howto.html

Please make sure you are on the Kansas Department of Health website. One copy of a birth certificate should only cost you $15. There are many websites that will charge more – up to $60 so be careful when ordering.

Failure to supply a birth certificate before the start of our league session will result in the child being unable to continue play in our league.

Team Information:

How is it determined if my team is recreational or competitive each season?
Teams are placed in recreational or competitive divisions by the team’s true age or division requested at time of registration. Teams requesting U5, U6, U7, U8 will be recreational. Any team U9 and older will be considered competitive. A U7 or U8 team may play up to a U9 division but will be considered competitive at that time and unable to also play in a recreational division. Applicable fees will be paid based on the division requested.

How will WRSA determine team placement?
We base the majority of our placement on the results and stats from the team’s previous seasons. Then we allocate special requests and new teams into those groups. Final placement is completed by the WRSA staff. It is our goal to give all teams a pleasurable experience and establish the best parity possible.

Can a player participate on more than one team?
Depends on the age of your child. Players may multi-roster (play on a second team) on competitive teams, but not recreational. This also applies to guest players. Playing for a second team requires approval of the primary team head coach and a multiple roster request found online.
Competitive players, U9 and older, may play on multiple competitive teams.

Will WRSA allow guest players play in the league?
Yes, guest players will be allowed in the league up to 3 per league game not to exceed the maximum roster for the division. Guest player permit and guest’s primary player card will be required to be submitted at time of check-in for each guest player. Rules for these guest players will be posted to the website.

Where do I get a guest player permit?
Go to the KSYSA website, kansasyouthsoccer.org, – Admin – Guest player/Travel Permit. Use or create a team password as will use this site for travel permits.

I need a new player card.
Lost or damaged cards may be replaced but there is a $2.00 replacement fee. USYSA rules mandate that duplicate cards are not issued and WSRA is responsible for this compliance.

Do I need a travel permit to play games or tournaments?
A travel permit is required for any team traveling to play in a competition outside of the State of Kansas. Also applies to any team participating in a Kansas tournament if the team is not from the State of Kansas. The purpose of the travel permit is to verify that the team participating is in good standing with their State.

How do I get a travel permit?
Go to the KSYSA website, kansasyouthsoccer.org, – Admin – Guest player/Travel Permit. Use or create a team password as will use this same site for guest player permits.

Registration Fees:

How much does it cost to play soccer at WRSA?
WRSA will have team fees which include any player fees except for the direct pass-through fees to KSYSA which include $13 per player State fee and $20 background check for coaches.  Current league fees can be found on the WRSA brochure.

Remember, the league fees include applicable sales tax to the posted fees on the flyer, we don’t want that to be a surprise to you.

Why does WRSA and Stryker charge sales tax?
Sales tax is required by the State of Kansas when a for-profit entity is selling a service or product. Wichita Sports Form LLC is a for-profit entity and the parent company of Stryker Sports Complex and WRSA League.

Sales tax is not required on any direct fees paid to a non-profit entity classified as 501(c)3 such as KSYSA so the $13 comp/$7 rec per player fee and $20 background check fee is not subject to sales tax.

How much sales tax is charged?
Sales tax is calculated based on State and Local governments and can vary depending on the zip code. Stryker Sports Complex’s zip code is 67226 which has a sales tax of 6.50% for State and 1% for County for a total of 7.50%. An additional 1% is added for repayment for the Star bonds which has provided the opportunity for the City to fund the beautiful complex for the Wichita sports community. Therefore, a total sales tax of 8.50% is charged on services and products offered at Stryker Sports Complex.

Are there any exceptions to this sales tax payment?
Yes, if your team and/or club provides a tax exemption letter from the State of Kansas prior to or at time of payment. The letter must be on file with Stryker and/or WRSA.
For the tax exemption letter to apply, the league fees must be paid for by the tax-exempt entity (club/team). For example, if a check is used as payment, it must be a check of the tax-exempt entity, not a personal check from the person registering the team/player. Therefore, if the coach pays with a club check or credit card, the payment is tax exempt. If a parent or coach pays with their personal check, credit card or cash, the payment would be taxable even if the player is on a tax-exempt team/club.

Cancelled or Rescheduled Games

How do I find out if games are cancelled due to weather or any other reason?
WRSA uses a mobile app called Rainedout.com in the event games are delayed or cancelled due to weather. This is a free service that will directly text you all league and facility updates (standard text rates my apply). WRSA will also post updates on their social media outlets (Facebook and Twitter) for your convenience.

The easiest way to sign up is to text “WRSA1” to 84483 and you will be automatically placed on our list to be notified of any delays or cancellations.

How does my team reschedule a game?
Complete the reschedule request online form and contact the opposing coach to work out a mutual date and time. Once both teams agree on a date and time, WRSA office staff will reschedule the game and notify both teams of the new date and time. Keep in mind, games will not be rescheduled if within 10 days of the originally scheduled game.

The other team will not return my phone calls to reschedule a game, what do I do?
Schedules are completed originally based on both team’s conflicts. If your team requests a reschedule for a game, your opponent may agree to reschedule but is not required. While we encourage teams to work together to play all games, be aware that there are circumstances that the opponent may not be able to reschedule. WSRA is not responsible to resolve differences in the reschedule negotiations.

Coaching Information

Do I need a coaching license to coach in a WRSA league?
Yes, all coaches U8 and above are required to have at minimum a USSF F coaching license in order to participate in a competitive league in the state of Kansas. WRSA is sanctioned by KSYSA and therefore the rule is in place for all teams playing in the competitive divisions. Recreational coaches with teams playing in recreational divisions are exempt. Any coach that does not have at least a USSF F license can click here to access the online course.

How do I get a background check initiated?
Contact the WRSA office staff at wrsaoffice@strykersportscomplex.com with your legal name, date of birth and email address. A link to the background check via Got Soccer will be sent to the email address provided. Approval may take up to 5-7 business days so don’t delay completing the information.

Who needs a background check?
Any team official who wants to be on the team sideline. This includes coach, assistant coaches, manager or trainers. Parents are not allowed on the team sideline without an approved background check.

What is the cost and requirements of a background check?
Fee is $20 which is good for 2 years from the date of approval. This approval ties to the person not the team. If a coach has 3 teams, the $20 fee covers all 3 teams. Each team official is also required to add a picture to the Got Soccer profile before a coach card can be printed.

I have an approved background check through another organization, will this work?
No, a new background check is required so that consistent standards are applied to the review for all team officials. KSYSA uses a third party to complete the background check with final approval.

Issues or Questions

My game score is incorrect, how can I fix it?
Email the WSRA office with all game information: game date, field, time and the two teams involved. Provide the score recorded and what the score should have been. WSRA Office will verify with the center referee and both teams. Once changes have been verified, corrections will be made to the online score.

The referee didn’t give me my player cards back.
If still at the complex, stop by the Indoor concession stand to see if your player cards were returned by the referee. If not or already left the complex, contact the WSRA office by email or phone as soon as possible. If left at the fields, the cards will be held at the office. The head coach/manager will be contacted to determine if the player cards should be held at the complex or picked up by the team.

I want to file a comment or complaint regarding a coach/referee/field marshal.
All comments or complaints are required to be in writing via email or letter and sent to the WSRA Office. The complaint should contain all pertinent information to allow WSRA Office to research the issue such as game date, time, field, 2 teams involved and the specific issue. All written statements will be reviewed by the WSRA Management Team.


When are tryouts held?
Tryouts are held for competitive teams during the Free Agency Period as defined by Kansas Youth Soccer Association. The free agency period for ages U10 and younger will begin the first Friday in June after the completion of the State Cup tournament. The free agency period for ages U11 and older will begin the first Saturday in June after the completion of the State Cup tournament. Free agency period ends July 15th.

Are tryouts held for recreational teams?
No, tryouts are not held for recreational teams. Recreational teams are defined as teams U8 and younger. Parents may learn about recreational teams through the club and team links found on the WRSA website.